The UAPD Bargaining Team in Ventura County was excited to report that they reached a tentative agreement with the County very early on the morning of April 23, 2021. The team showed relentless commitment and dedication to the members they represented at the table. With babies crying and dogs barking in the background, they never gave up on the fight for the first union contract for UAPD doctors. In the memory of Cesar Chavez and his unrelenting fight for workers, the team represented his tenacious spirit every step of this process.
Here are some of the highlights of that agreement:
- Significant improvement in the salary scales for Clinic Primary Care Physician and Clinic Primary Care Pediatrician job classifications.
- A total of 6% in cost of living salary increases before June 2023.
- Incentive pay of up to 15% (patients per half day and quality measures) and specialty pay.
- 80 hours of CME time off (with administrative restrictions removed for ease of use) and $2000 for CME reimbursement per calendar year.
- Due process for terminations
- Patient Care Committee quarterly meetings to discuss clinical operations issues for the benefit of promoting efficient and quality care
On Monday, April 5th, UAPD will send out the Tentative Agreement (it is “tentative” because our membership must vote and ratify it before it goes to the BOS) with a ballot.
On Tuesday, April 6th, UAPD will have a Town Hall meeting with you to answer any questions before the vote. Town Hall information will be sent out on Monday along with the ratification materials.