Washington State Providers Are Forming Unions
Have you heard the news? Doctors, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners in Washington State are unionizing. On August 1, 2016 the Union of American Physicians and Dentists (UAPD) delivered a petition to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) requesting that doctors at Auburn Medical Center (AMC) be granted a union representation election. Doctors voted in favor of the union in an election that ended on October 13th and soon begain negotiating with their employer, MultiCare Health System, for their first contract.
In March 2017, providers from Indigo Urgent Care and MultiCare Legacy Urgent care delivered their petitions for representation to the NLRB.
Providers at other MultiCare facilites, as well as those at CHI-Franciscan and Swedish, are not far behind in their organizing campaigns. If you are employed by one of these entities, I encourage you to join your colleagues by clicking a blue button below and signing a union authorization petition. By signing, you agree that you wish to be represented by UAPD for the purposes of negotiating with your employer on wages, hours and working conditions.
If you are a doctor working at another facility in the Pacific Northwest, and would like to learn more about unionization, you can contact UAPD here or at the number below.
Stuart A. Bussey, MD, JD, President, UAPD
Contact UAPD Washington
Suites 300 D and F
Tacoma, WA 98402
Learn About Unionization
In The Press
More News from Washington State
- UAPD Files for Two New Unions in Washington State Doctors, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants working for Indigo Urgent Care and MultiCare Legacy Urgetn Care clinics filed union recognition petitions with the National Labor Relations Board in March. Kate Martin covered the growing momentum to unionize Washington State doctors in The News Tribune.
- Auburn Medical Center Bargaining Update UAPD and MultiCare Health System met for the second day of negotiations on Thursday February 9. Over the course of two bargaining sessions, UAPD had eight physician members directly participating at the table. Over the course of these two dates, both parties traded proposals on contractual and procedural topics. UAPD has passed proposals on a ...
- Negotiations Update for Washington Doctors Negotiations are beginning for your first contract at Auburn Medical Center. The team is scheduled to meet with management the morning of January 26, 2017. This first negotiation session will be to introduce the UAPD and AMC teams, discuss dates going forward, and go over preliminary procedural issues. UAPD’s initial proposals are still being developed and ...
- UAPD Opens Office in Washington State UAPD Washington State Office 708 Broadway Suites 300 D and F Tacoma, WA 98402 253-244-7797 email@example.com
- Tacoma Doctors Join UAPD Tacoma – The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) will soon certify a new union for doctors working at Auburn Medical Center (AMC) in Tacoma, Washington. At the vote count conducted on October 13 at the NLRB Region 19 offices in Seattle, a strong majority of the ballots cast by AMC doctors were in favor ...
- Tacoma Paper Covers Union Drive The News Tribune today printed an article entitled “Auburn Medical Center doctors working to unionize physicians.” From that article: Neil Partain, a hospitalist at the Auburn hospital, agreed that a union seems potentially the most effective option for becoming part of Multicare administrative decisions. “We’ve slowly learned that if we want to stay relevant with how patients ...