On February 1, 2011, the UAPD Negotiating Team at Gardner Health Services reached an agreement with management for a successor Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The agreement took into consideration the current fiscal challenges and future uncertainties faced by non-profit clinics. The Negotiating Team, which consisted of Dr. Ranjani Chandramouli, Dr. William Lee, Dr. Shakalpi Pendurkar, Lisa Fredrichs-Sherard and Senior Representative Patricia Hernandez, unanimously recommended ratification of the agreement. They planned membership meetings to review the terms in advance of the ratification vote. Details of the three-year agreement, which were sent to Gardner members, include:
- Lump Sum Payment : Effective July 2011, all employees shall receive a 3% lump sum payment contingent on “assigning the EHR inventive payment to GFHN.”
- 20 Years or More Service Bonus : Effective January 1, 2011, all employees with 20 years or more shall receive a bonus of $1500.
- 2nd Year Salary Increase : Effective January 1, 2012, the 2.5% salary step increases shall resume on employees’ anniversary date. Those at the top of salary scale shall receive a 2.5% increase on their anniversary.
- 3rd Year Salary Increase: Effective January 1, 2013, all steps of the salary scale shall be increased by 1.5% and all employees not at the top of the scale will advance to the next step of the salary scale on their anniversary date (4% increase). Employees at or the top of salary scale shall each receive a salary increase of 2.5% on their anniversary date.
- Reimbursement of Continuing Education, Professional License, and DEA fees for employees working 80% or more.