At the Request of Dr. Mitch Katz, Director of the newly formed Los Angeles County Health Agency, UAPD has partnered with the Department of Health Services (DHS) to increase the recruitment of Physicians and Specialists who work for the County. The recruitment effort involves setting up events with potential applicants and the Department Directors, Medical Directors, UAPD board members, UAPD Stewards, and UAPD staff. The UAPD board approved $40,000 for this project at the October 2016 Board Meeting.
Results to date
- Since the start of our project, over 50 Physicians hired with varying start dates
- The marketing materials for physicians has been revised and updated
- UAPD and the County have developed the first recruitment program to target those in the Residency Program. UAPD and CIR have discussed further events and programs to improve recruitment opportunities.
- We reduced the recruitment process from 6 months to a little over a month from submission of interest to offer letter.
- Streamlined the initial submission process to only having applicants submit a resume and CV.
- UAPD has fostered a stronger relationship with Committee on Interns and Residents.