Pending member ratification, a tentative agreement has been reached with Los Angeles County. The bargaining committee has sent members the link to the ratification vote. Please vote by Wednesday, March 29, 2023. Below are some key highlights of the new contract.
General Salary Movement
- October 1, 2022: 5.5% (retroactive)
- October 1, 2023: 3.25%
- October 1, 2024: 3.25%
- $1,375 for full-time permanent employees
- $700 for part-time employees excluding retirees, hiring hall, and contract staff
Special Pay Practices for Evening and Night Shift
- Increase Evening Shift differential to $3.00 per hour
- Increase Night Shift differential to $5.75 per hour
- Increase Weekend differential to $4.00 per hour
- Increase the Detention and Correctional Facilities Assignment bonus to 5.5%
Staff Pharmacist working as Clinical Pharmacist Assignment Bonus
- Staff Pharmacists who are assigned by Management to do Clinical Pharmacist duties and responsibilities in eight-hour increments or more shall receive a 5.5% per shift bonus. This will give current Staff pharmacists promotional opportunites and higher pay.
Administrative Projects and Initiatives Bonus for Clinical Pharmacists and Staff Pharmacists
- Effective October 1, 2023, DHS Pharmacists and DHS and DMH Clinical Pharmacists assigned the administrative responsibility for priority projects, initiatives, or clinical operations, as defined by the DHS and DMH Chief Pharmacy Officer or his/her/their designee shall receive a 3% bonus.
The union and management will meet on a regular basis to make sure that the procedural and administrative components of the bonuses are fair and equitable in a Committee.