Your bargaining committee finally reached an agreement with the State! You can read the details of the agreement below before casting your vote:
The agreement is for two years and expires June 30, 2025. General salary increase of 3% retroactive to July 1, 2023 for all bargaining unit members. In the second year, 2.5%. There are various Special Salary Adjustments (SSA) for the various classifications that range from 3% to 15%. Among the highlights of the Tentative Agreement (TA):
- On-call pay is now $15/hour
- On-call duty language in the contract specifically defines those duties as for “emergency or emergent” issues. This will help our members manage call duties more reasonably.
- NDI Family Care Leave
- CDCR/DSH Retention Pay Differential for on-site doctors
- Psychiatrist Additional Caseload – pay at 135% of base hourly rate for additional work.
- Reduction of 0.5% in PERS employee contribution
- Professional Judgment Workgroup
- Psychiatrist Classification Committee – to create a telepsychiatrist classification separate from the on-site psychiatrist classification
- Medical Consultant Pay Per Case Plan (DSS) – payment increases from $27 to $40 for up to 75 additional cases
- State and the Union will meet and confer within 90 days of ratification to solve the MOD holiday pay issue
- Essential worker bonus of $1000 for direct care providers