The Union of American Physicians and Dentists recently sponsored Northeast Valley Healthcare Corporation’s (NEVHC) 50th anniversary gala to celebrate their decades of providing healthcare services in the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
Members of the UAPD bargaining team, Dr. Zeina Hijazi, OB GYN, Joy Singh, NP, Dr. Wendy Fields, Pediatrician and UAPD Chief Steward, Dr. Consuelo D’Alessandro, DDS, Dr. Amir Balouch, DMD, and UAPD representative Glynnis Golden-Ortiz, attended the gala. While celebrating NEVHC’s commitment to the community, UAPD members had another cause for celebration: the ratification of a strong newly negotiated successor collective bargaining agreement due to the strength and unity of the NEVHC providers, a march on the boss, and weekly lunch time pickets.
Highlights of some of the gains the UAPD Bargaining Team won:
- General Salary Increases of 30%
- 10% Administrative Time for Advance Practitioners to match that of Physicians
- New classification added to the bargaining unit
- Shift differential, CME, Extra Shift, On Call increases
- Remote Work added to Technology in the contract
- Many additional improvements to contract language to better protect Union members.
For more information, please contact your UAPD steward or a bargaining team member.