Santa Clara County


Resources

New Santa Clara Contract Contains Large Raises

October 28, 2016

For the first time in over 15 years, Santa Clara doctors were able to ratify a successor agreement before the expiration of the previous contract.  The three year contract will increase base salaries for all UAPD specialties by 13% in the first year with an additional 19% increase for Acute Care Services & Juvenile Hall psychiatrists – a total of 32%! For the second and third years, salaries will increase by 3% each year.  The total wage increases are 19% to 38%! In addition, hourly rates for EPS, BAP, Urgent Care and Custody shifts were all raised significantly; new rates range from $161 – $225 per hour depending on shift.

Tuition reimbursement will be increased from $2800 to $4500 per fiscal year and can be rolled over, from year to year, for a total of $9000.  That’s an increase of more than 60% of the current benefit.

The agreement has been ratified by UAPD members, and the Santa Clara Board of Supervisors will vote to ratify this agreement soon

Santa Clara Bargaining Update

September 6, 2016

The  UAPD Negotiating Committee has been meeting with the County on a regular basis. UAPD submitted a comprehensive package proposal, which includes competitive market adjustments for all specialties; improvements to tuition reimbursement and license/certification renewals; due process and severance for terminations of employment; increased rates for extra duty assignments; Cost of Living Increases (COLA); and the committee has agreed to expand the Main Jail incentive to all assignments in Custody and Acute Care Services as a combined incentive and base wage proposal. 

So far, the County has rejected any improvements to due process for terminations and has proposed below market adjustments and COLAs that do not amount to similar, across the board, increases for other County employees.  Although the County has expressed an urgency to reach an agreement before the expiration of our MOU next month, it has made minute movements toward an agreement that our members will ratify.