On Tuesday, April 12, 2013, the UAPD Members in San Mateo ratified the negotiated agreement between the Union and the County. On May 7, 2013, the agreement shall go before the Board of Supervisors for approval and shall be implemented on May 12, 2013.
The UAPD Negotiating Committee did a wonderful job carefully balancing the County’s demand for concessions while fighting for the fair treatment of UAPD professionals and their services. Your UAPD Committee: Joe Broderick, MD; Rick Ehling, MD; John Herbert, MD; Manuel Pena, MD; and Patricia Hernandez, Chief Negotiator.
The contract contains a wage increase and $2500 Tuition Reimbursement, which will be effective immediately on the date of implementation. Life Insurance Benefits cannot be changed mid-month, and will most likely take effect July 1, 2013. As a reminder, San Mateo doctors who have unused Educational Leave available should use the hours by June 30, 2013 or they will be lost. Doctors with unused Comp Time balances have one year from May 12, 2013 to use CTO hours, otherwise they will be lost.
Primary Care physicians with part-time schedules who regularly work beyond their allocated FTE should meet with their supervisor within the first 90 days of the contract to “set” scheduled hours and additional shifts. After this initial 90 day period, all other providers may contact the Union with requests for a time study if you regularly work beyond your allocated FTE.
Summary of Agreement:
- 2% wage increase May, 12, 2013
- .75% wage increase May 2014
- Tuition Reimbursement increased to $2500
- 130 hours Administrative Leave (prorated for part-time) effective July 1, 2013 – after first year, Admin Leave shall be accrued at 5 hours per pay period (pro-rated for part-time)
- Doctors with .50 FTE will receive 30 hours of General Leave on July 1, 2013 (must be used by first pay period of June 2014 or will be eliminated)
- Yearly Cash out of Administrative Leave every April (50% of balance)
- 100% Employer Paid Medical Staff Dues
- Increased Life Insurance to $50,000
- Additional Accidental Death Ins. of $110,000
- Additional Term Life insurance at employee option
- Hours of Work Policy will be completed by December 31, 2013
- Employees will pay .25% of Retirement Cola effective July 7, 2013
- Elimination of OT for work beyond 40 hours per week
- Elimination of Educational Leave effective July 1, 2013
- May 12, 2014, all CTO hours must be used or lost